Ted X returned to Swansea last week – it’s first in person event to follow a hugely successful online event in 2021 – and it certainly didn’t disappoint.
Held at the Swansea.com stadium, hosted by Kevin Johns MBE and aptly themed ‘Tomorrow’s World’, the packed event brought together an exceptional series of talks from the business, education and the wellbeing sector – and showcased the best of Swansea on an international platform.
One of the highlights was one Speaker appearing in hologram form from the United States, Linda Fisk, CEO and Founder of LeadHERship Global.
The innovation was courtesy of the event Headline Sponsor Unify, who had multiple, out of this world, innovative displays throughout the day.
The event was attended by in excess of 200 people from all over the United Kingdom, including entrepreneurs, a delegation of 40 from UWC Atlantic College, 30 of which were students; two of them being Speakers. Only 100 at a time were allowed in both the morning and evening segments.
Other Speakers included:
- Multi-Guinness world record holder, international bestselling author, distinguished Professor and co founder of The #GeniusFormula, Chris Imafidon
- Former Olympian, Commonwealth, European and World Champion athlete Derek Redmond
- Tracey Smolinski, Serial Entrepreneur, Founder of Introbiz, co founder of IWOW, author of Master Networking and creator of networking tool Fortune in the Follow Up.
- Dawn Lyle, co-founder of iCREATE and #4theRegion
- Melanie Pledger, Executive Coach and Founder/CEO of DNA Light Up
- Ryan Smith, Pathway Leader for BA Animation: Game Arts
- Sally Penni MBE, Practicing Barrister at Law, Keynote Speaker, Trainer and Facilitator
- Sian Rees, Head of School of Culture & Communication Swansea University. Experienced public relations and branding specialist, currently teaching PR and branding at Swansea University and running the MA Communication, Media Practice and PR.
- Tony and Sam Holness. Tony Holness is an advocate for neurodiversity and Triathlon coach to his autistic son. After a successful career in IT and Banking Tony left the corporate world to help his son realise his dream of becoming the world’s first Ironman Triathlete with autism to compete and the Ironman World Championships in Kona and to become the world’s first openly autistic Professional Triathlete.
- Professor Tom Crick MBE, Deputy Pro-Vice Chancellor Swansea University
- Amina Mohamed, Founder and CEO of The Confidence Capsule, a platform created to enhance your feminine magnetism.
- Dr Argita Zalli and Dr. Detina Zalli, both of whom have an incredible background in teaching, charity work and medicine at an international level
- Life and Wellness Coach Emma Hopkins
- Ceirion Galliers, a young student at UWC Atlantic College, who left barely a dry eye after his talk on ‘The Ripple Effect’
- Christiana McEwen, set to study at UWC Atlantic College in 2023 shared her experiences in Sierra Leone and her belief that ‘Tomorrow is in our hands’.
Event organiser, Mark Davies said:
“This first post-covid Swansea TedX event was another huge success and the ripples will continue across the international TedX community as many of the talks are already accessible online.
“The remaining talks will be live in the coming weeks, but what we really can’t capture is the energy in the stadium, which was truly electric. Following a series of high profile business events in Swansea, including the inaugural Introbiz Business Exhibition, South West Wales feels like an area that is beginning to blossom. It’s an exciting place to be based and I can’t thank our speakers, partners and sponsors highly enough for delivering such a powerful series of talks.
“The challenge now is to top this in 2023 – personally, I can’t wait!”