Sage, the market leader in cloud business management solutions, announced today that Steve Hare, CEO, has been recognised by Glassdoor for having the highest rated leadership score in the UK (95%), during the COVID-19 crisis.
The data published by Glassdoor today, uses primary analysis of voluntary, anonymous company reviews and ratings from UK-based current and former employees between 1st March, 2020 and 31st July, 2020.
Steve Hare, CEO of Sage, commented: “These are truly unprecedented times for our colleagues and customers, and this recognition is a direct reflection of their individual commitments and hard work. During this outbreak, Sage’s priority was to create a safe and effective working environment at a time when the stakes were high, and our customers’ need for support was greater than ever.
“I am a passionate advocate of listening to all colleagues and adapting to change as quickly and efficiently as possible. The next stage of this pandemic is an unknown to us all, and we must continue to listen and adapt to support those who need it most – including our small and medium sized businesses, up and down the country.”
Award-Winning CEO Coach Peter Ryding, who has led free workshops for HR Directors and CEOs on leadership strategies throughout the COVID-19 crisis, said Steve Hare’s understanding that the company needed to balance the needs of both employees and customers, and responding quickly, was likely to be the secret of his success. Peter says:
“While COVID-19 is a new and unexpected crisis for UK CEOs, unexpected events will always arise. A good CEO will have quickly put a plan in place that factors in the needs of employees, customers and stakeholders, and planned their short, medium and long term responses to it. Clearly, Steve has done this, acquiring and building the trust of the whole organisation in the process. It’s a good example of a strong response that will give Sage the best chance of long term stability, despite the current pandemic.”
The Top 10 highest rated CEOs During the COVID-19 Crisis in the UK are:
- Steve Hare, CEO of Sage: 95% Leadership Score
- Alan Hirzel, CEO of Abcam: 94% Leadership Score
- Duncan Rendall, CEO of Rendall and Rittner: 94% Leadership Score
- Greg Reed, CEO of HomeServeUK: 93% Leadership Score
- Dava Thayan, CEO of Kingsley Healthcare: 91% Leadership Score
- Pete Redfern, CEO of Taylor Wimpey: 91% Leadership Score
- Tracey Storey, CEO of ICP Nurseries: 88% Leadership Score
- Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook: 88% Leadership Score
- Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce: 87% Leadership Score
- Rob Browett, CEO of TeacherActive: 85% Leadership Score